Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Long time, no post.

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. I normally don't discuss my personal life here but have made an exception for this post.

For some time now I've been putting a lot of energy into my quest for a full-time job. Warning: Sob story ahead... I just passed 7 months since I was laid-off, and I'm really feeling the itch to get back into a full-time job. It's been a roller coaster of emotion lately. I miss having a daily routine and destination, not to mention having a steady income and benefits. I had hoped to find something before the end of the year but have revised that... I now hope I can find a job in my field(s) (museum/arts administration, jewelry production, archive assistance) before I get to celebrate one year of unemployment.

I promise some new (and more cheerful) posts very soon.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, Jen-
I'm sorry. I didn't know you were laid off. It must be so frustrating for you. I was laid off once (I worked for a dot com in the '90's) and I also found it difficult to adjust to a lack of structure to my day, not to mention it was very difficult to survive on unemployment. I had no health insurance at this time as well.

BUT- the next full time job I found was the one that I met my now-husband at, and lead us to moving to L.A.

If you haven't already, try to make a schedule for yourself, and try to adhere to it every day. EX: Get up at 8:00am, Go Jogging at 9:00, Job search from 10:30-11:00, etc.

Email me if you ever want to chat (located under my profile).

I know you will find something great. Hang in there, friend.
xo
-J

Ondo Lady said...

I am really sorry to hear this. I contracted for a while so I know what it is like to be out of work. A routine is good as well as setting a target for job applications. Please don't depair, I am sure something will come up and meanwhile make the most of your free time to do stuff that you never get time to do when you are at work. Also don't forget to reward yourself at the end of the week with a small treat.

zoetropa said...

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. I can relate because I too have been unemployed for the past seven months (since Feb.). It is really difficult to add structure in your life w/o a job. I seem to struggle with it every day. Hang in there and I hope you get some good news soon.

p.s. I'm really glad you won my giveaway!

Vintage Fairy Tales Rebecka said...

It´s a tough situation but please don´t give up hope!
Have a nice weekend
Rebecka